Monday, April 20, 2009

Artist Trading Cards (ATCs)


So...I have been looking at different sites on the internet to gather so new ideas for cards and things.  On this website, Inspire, Chat, Swap, I found some interesting swaps.  One in particular was for ATCs.  After I posted a thread on the forum, I found out that ATCs are cards the size of a baseball card (2.5" by 3.5").  They are little pieces of art that showcase your talents.  One of the swaps caught my eye.  It was for Cartoon that we Grew Up to.  I had to try it out.  I picked one of my faves from the eighties...The Care Bears.  After mulling around how I was going to do it.  I downloaded pictures of the different bears and made little cards to match up with the names.  This was so much fun that I'm already looking for another swap to do.

Now...I know what you are thinking.  What do you do with ATCs?  Well...it's very simple.  You can collect them or use them.  But you CAN NOT sell them.  They are given away in good faith from the artist who created them.  They make great accents to cards, or if you wanna frame them instant inspiration when you get stuck on a project.  With their size they make perfect "card candy."

Each of my ATCs are one of kind.  But they have the same basic components.  I used velum stickers for the clouds, embossing for the stars (either clear powder or glitter powder), a cute sentiment and of course a Care Bear.

Thank you for looking.  Please come back.  I hope this helps to get your imagination going.
T



No comments: